THE INTRODUCTION INTO ARTHOUSE CINEMA MARATHON
length: 11hours 37mins
If you want to dive deeper than Hollywood filmmaking typically offers up, this is the marathon for you. This a little taster platter from a wide array of film movements that took place during the 20th century. You get to see everything from Italian Neorealism to Surrealism to Silent Movies to Full Blown Color Epics. This marathon gives you a little taste of everything. You will probably be surprised by how accessible some of these flicks are. There may be subs but the plots are often more minimal and easy to follow than the latest Captain America movie.
1. THE PASSION OF JOAN OF ARC (dir. Dreyer) (1928)
2. RAN (dir. Kurosawa) (1985)
3. BICYCLE THIEVES (dir. De Sica) (1948)
5. PERSONA (dir. Bergman) (1966)
5. STALKER (dir. Tarkovsky) (1979)
6. THE HOLY MOUNTAIN (dir. Jodorowsky) (1973)
Note: You should get all pretentious. Get some fine wine and cheese and pretend you understand the torment of life better than everyone else. For maximum effect, your posse should probably be wearing all black.